Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The big taper

My taper is in full swing. Last week I was so worried and nervous. I had all kinds of weird aches and pains all over my body. I thought I was falling apart. But this week is a lot better and everything is comming together. I rode last night and felt very strong and fast. Rest period does wonders for the body. As I going throught this rest phase before the big day, I always look back at all the training and realize how much work was done, and how on the verge of over training I get. I know I train way to much sometimes but really realize during weeks like this. SOmetimes I dont know how to act without all kinds of pain. Everyday I have to fight not to go out and hammer away. Its like my body is going through adrenilan withdrawls. Only a few more day's left and I can rip it up. The days have been nice though, only an hour or so a day of training. Feels weird though. But in the bigger picture I know I cant keep training like I have been and have good results at the big races. I will not do anything but rest and get the bikes ready on thursday and Friday.

2 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

I'm glad you're home a little more this week!!! It's nice to have you around :) I can't wait to see how you do this weekend - I know you're going to go out there strong, rested and ready to kick some butt!! Love ya baby :)

Anonymous said...

Brian, what's up, nice post your wife did!!!!!!!!!!!! very supportive ccccooooollllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!DUDE I KNOW YoU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST A HEADS UP! I was typing in names of new riders, and this new guy that just camp out at the #2 camping spot (2 time IRONMAN FINISHER and naval reverve part of EOD unit.........BRIAN SEVALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRIAN SEVALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRIAN SEVALL ...PUMP IT UP MAN, FEEL IT IT MAN!!! IT'S AAALLLL YOU DUDE!!!!!!!THE GUY FROM SOUTH COUNTY...WINDY CITY...FEEL IT YET, PUMP UP YET?????.....I DO! DUDE, MY LAST WORDS....BRIAN, GO FAST,GO SMART,AND RIDE SMART, AND YOU GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!! KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!